Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Pillows

I think I finally like our master bedroom pillows. 
I made two new ones - they had been cut out and partially done for months, but I finally made myself finish them, and I think they will stay for a while.  The red shams came with our comforter, and the plaid pillow I made a while ago.  There were a few other pillows rotating in and out in the intervening months, but I never was quite in love. 

These are 20" square (bigger than the old "eh" ones) and are made from the curtain fabric.  The jumbo piping (PITA!) is made from a fabric that is the inverse of the main fabric.  All pillow fabrics are from JoAnn's. 
I think the new ones lighten up the bed a touch and tie the wall color and curtains into the bedding better.  The walls are Calm Air by Behr, and I love it.  It's a great golden yellow that doesn't get all glowy and funky. 
The dark matching furniture is starting to wear on me, but it's not going anywhere for a long time, and we paid good  money for it.  The artwork above the bed I like, but I feel like it needs to go on another wall and put something more substantial above the headboard - possibly a large "antiqued" canvas with our monogram?

Anywho, I'm liking these new pillows and am glad to have that project off my cutting table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...