Friday, March 21, 2014

Farmer's Wife Friday - 3.21.14

Progress was really sad this week because I came down with strep throat on Sunday morning.  I hadn't had that in 20(ish) years since I was a kid.  I swear it hurt worse and lasted longer than I remember.  Today (day 6) I finally feel almost normal again with just a slight tickle and soreness, so that Z-pak seems to have worked.  I think everyone at work (and in my family) is ready for some spring weather and spring cleaning.  We had about 1/3 of my office out sick this week, and it's been a nasty winter for sickness with my family.  Just one more possible snow storm (fingers crossed!).

Stats:
- Bobbins Used in Quilting: I'm currently on #19
- Hours of Quilting: 28.25 so far (yes, just one hour of quilting this week)
- Blocks Quilted: 76 (plus four setting triangles)
- Blocks to Go: 52 (plus setting triangles and border)  


I have just been feeling bogged down, and as much as I want to finish this quilt and have it on my bed, I am feeling so inspired by kids clothes and Easter outfits right now.  So I have been thinking about taking a mini-break from the Farmer's Wife and getting some of these other things out of my system.  Before I did that though, I knew I needed to see how far I'd come, so I dragged the quilt outside this afternoon after work and took these shots.  THIS is what I've been trying to show you, but the sunlight is sooo much better than my basement sewing dungeon.  





It's funny, I see all the flaws when I'm doing the quilting (if you were a fly on the wall you'd hear the odd groan and curse escape), but in the sun, it looks gorgeous.  Sorry for all the pictures, but I kind of amazed myself this afternoon.  

I'm so close to having a corner done!



The back is so awesome!


As good as it was for me to see how far I've come and to be re-inspired on this one, I still think I need to take a break for a bit.  Not for long, but for a couple weeks maybe until I get irritated with garments and such.  It's how I roll.  

This weekend I'll be cleaning up my cluttered cutting table and piles and trying to get some things sorted.  The hubby is away this weekend, so the mama will play in her sewing room every minute the kiddos don't need me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...