Monday, April 7, 2014

Kids’ Clothes Week



This week is Kids’ Clothes Week.  Something I found online and see posts referencing every now and again but had never participated in.  I was alerted of this season’s KCW while looking at Instagram today at lunch.  What is it?  Each season sewists group together and pledge to spend 1 hour a day for 1 week sewing clothing for children.   

Well the current KCW (April 7-13) starts today, and guess what I happen to have on the sewing table – kids’ clothes!  So this week (and probably next) I’ll be instagramming and blogging about my adventures in sewing clothing for my boys.   

No, I have not charged my camera battery yet, and yes, I am being lazy and not renaming or watermarking photos.  The 5 people that read this blog have seen worse.  This mama is tired, and it's going to be a struggle to sit down and sew here in a few minutes.  But I'm doing it. 

Anyway, here’s my list:

  • Small Fry Skinny Jeans (Will) – in progress.  Started last week, I still need to add the waistband, buttonhole elastic, belt loops, and snap. 

  • Easter Romper (Will) – Simplicity 3852.  Cut out.

  • Easter Suit (Sam) – vintage Butterick 5838.  Mostly cut out (just a bit of lining and interfacing to finish up).  Yes, that is Star Wars lining . . .  


  • Monkey Butt {Baby} Pants (Will) – The red and navy below.  Cut out.

  • T-Shirt Shortalls (Will) – The gray and blue below.  Cut out. 

  • Diapers (Will) – a stack mostly cut out, some with snaps already applied

Don't worry - Sam has already gotten jeans (not yet blogged) and other clothing over the winter, plus some summer clothes I have planned.  

I’m sure these won’t all get made, but they were already planned, so any motivation and progress on my list is good.  Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...