Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Gypsy Wife QAL - May Blocks

It's another month of the Gypsy Wife Quilt Along!  I was busy this month and just finished the filler blocks this week.

This month was Hope from Hartford - I did this one a while ago, and it's about the best inset seams I've done.  (I'm working on a lonestar quilt with the #bucketlistqal on instagram, and those inset seams are not playing as nicely).

Then there were the filler blocks, some square within a square - I did better with contrast on these.



And some hourglass blocks.  The green one (hourglass + square within a square) was a total pain.  The pattern says cut a 3 3/4" square, cut into four triangles, but it really is a 4 3/4" square.  I figured that out on the third try.  Grrr.  I hate ripping and redoing and usually figure it adds to the charm of the quilt, but that one was not possible to leave.  I'm just glad it's done.



I've been trying to finish up a few things that were left undone before our Nebraska trip, and I'm getting there slowly but surely. 

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and our Gypsy Wife monthly linkup!


3 comments:

  1. This is going to be a great scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely variety of colour and block designs. Bet your quilt will be amazing when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, these are super fun! I love your main block. Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...