Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Ranch Hand Quilt


My newest quilt finish, and the first since February – the Ranch Hand Baby Quilt.  




The fabrics are leftovers from the Sparkle Punch baby quilt made for my nephew – but without the Star Wars fabric.  I loved the color combo so much and had a bunch of extra squares, so I made up a simple patchwork quilt.  You may have seen progress pictures on Instagram. 

The quilt measures 36”x36”.  I backed it in this almost-vintage Alexander Henry print (from my mom’s stash, purchased when I was little) featuring cow hands and made the binding from the last bits of two of the feature fabrics.  

The quilting is organic straight line quilting on either side of all seams. 

I had a little fun with the photo shoot, digging out the rocking horse and dragging it to the edge of the hay field.  Pretty sure my neighbors think I’m nuts. 



Ranch Hand is listed for sale in my shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...